I’m feeling super excited today. Want to know why? I’m about to share a super tasty and flavorful GY recipe. I’m talking about greek yogurt chicken!
It’s delicious, easy to make and has that WOW factor we’re looking for. Besides that it’s also healthy. According to Harvard 1/4 of your meals should be protein based, and they recommend chicken for that. Combine that with some healthy greek yogurt and you’re officially a healthy diet superstar! The olive oil, lemon, minced garlic, oregano, parsley and of course greek yogurt will pack the chicken with loads of flavor. Do you like your chicken extra moist? The greek yogurt will do the trick for you. You can either grill the chicken or bake it in the oven. I served mine with a salad of fresh vegetables. Isn’t that a dish you would love to try?
Even though greek yogurt chicken sounds kinda fancy, altogether I spent about $10 to make this dish. Had I used my own homemade greek yogurt I would have saved another couple of bucks! My previous recipes were mostly breakfast and smoothie oriented, so I’m super excited to share this recipe that you can serve at dinner. Marinating the chicken takes about 30 minutes, but If you’re short on time you can also spread the marinate on top of the chicken and put in the oven straight away. That will save you half an hour.
Are you ready? Let’s discover my simple 3-step greek yogurt chicken recipe! Impress your friends at a barbecue, make your family drop their jaws at dinner. A guaranteed success!
Greek yogurt chicken ingredients
– 4 lbs chicken pieces
– 1 cup Greek yogurt (I used Fage 0% plain)
– 2 tablespoons olive oil
– ½ table spoon dried oregano
– 2 cloves garlic, minced
– ¼ bunch fresh parsley
– 1 lemon
– ½ tablespoon salt
– freshly cracked pepper
1. Mix the Greek yogurt, olive oil, minced garlic, oregano, salt and some freshly cracked pepper in a bowl.
2. Scrape the thin layer of yellow zest from the lemon skin into the same bowl. Also add about 1-2 tablespoons from the juice of the lemon.
3. Mix everything together. Then roughly chop a big handful, or about ¼ bunch, of parsley and stir it into the marinade.
4. Mix everything together again. Now your freshly made marinade is finished.
5. Add the chicken pieces, mix them around in the marinate. Put it in the fridge and let it sit and marinate for about 30 minutes.
6. Bake the chicken in a preheated 375 degree oven for 45-60 minutes. All done!
- 4 lbs chicken pieces
- 1 cup Greek yogurt (I used Fage 0% plain)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ table spoon dried oregano
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ bunch fresh parsley
- 1 lemon
- ½ tablespoon salt
- freshly cracked pepper
- First make the marinade. Mix the Greek yogurt, olive oil, minced garlic, oregano, salt and some freshly cracked pepper in a bowl. Scrape the thin layer of yellow zest from the lemon skin into the same bowl (you can use a holed cheese grater or a zester). Also add about 1-2 tablespoons from the juice of the lemon. Stir until the ingredients are well combined. Roughly chop a big handful, or about ¼ bunch, of parsley and stir it into the marinade. Now your freshly made marinade is finished.
- Add the chicken pieces to the bowl and mix them around. You can use any type of chicken. Refrigerate the bowl and let it sit there for about 30 minutes.
- After marinating for 30 minutes, cook the chicken on a grill (great for summer evenings) or preheat the oven to 375 degrees in preparation to bake the chicken. To bake the chicken, place the chicken pieces in a large casserole dish. Bake the chicken in the preheated 375 degree oven for 45-60 minutes. When you open the oven the chicken will be be golden brown on top and the amazing smell will make your mouth water.
- Now it’s time to eat and enjoy your greek yogurt chicken!
1 cup = 236 ml
1/4 bunch = about 4 tablespoons of cut parsley
375 degrees fahrenheit = 190 Celsius