It’s time to share my greek yogurt cake recipe, cheesecake to be exact! This easy homemade greek yogurt cheesecake is creamy, but no cream cheese will be used! Instead, the cream cheese has been replaced with greek yogurt. This contributes to a super healthy low fat protein packed dessert that you and your friends/family will love! While common cheesecake recipes are loaded with ingredients like sour cream, whole milk, heaving whipping cream and cream cheese, greek yogurt does the job in this recipe and makes this cheesecake light and delicious. Besides that it’s super simple to make. I love how greek yogurt can be used in so many ways. It doesn’t matter if we’re talking about breakfast, dinner or even a smoothie. It always seems to find its place!
I used two cups of my own homemade greek yogurt, but it’s perfectly fine to use store-bought as well. Just make sure to pick a brand you like. This simple and quick greek yogurt cheesecake recipe won’t cost you much time to make and will give you much praise from the people you serve it to!
An important note: You can make the cheesecake up to one day ahead before serving. Learn more about the shelf life of cheesecake here.
Enough talking! Scroll down to find out how to bake yourself a homemade greek yogurt cheesecake!
Greek yogurt cheesecake recipe
- 1½ cups graham cracker crumbs (about 10 sheets of graham crackers)
- 3 tablespoons almond milk
- 2 cups plain nonfat Greek yogurt (I used my own homemade greek yogurt)
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- ½ cup sugar
- Pinch of salt
- Optional: strawberries, raspberries or blueberries for garnish
- Crust: Process the graham crackers in a food processor until just fine crumbs are left. Then, add the almond milk and keep processing until everything is combined. Pour the mixture into a prepared 10 inch springform pan and simply smush down the mixture of crumbs and milk with your hands. That's it! No need to bake the crust, we will just pour the filling straight in.
- Filling: Preheat your oven to 350 degrees (177 Celsius). Clean out the food processor you used for the crust and combine the yogurt, vanilla, sugar and eggs. Blend everything together until smooth, add the pinch of salt and corn starch and blend again.
- Pour the filling into the springform pan and bake it at 350 degrees for 35 minutes. Make sure to don't overbake! You can tell your cheesecake is done when the edges start to pull away from the side of the pan. The center should still be jiggly but the cake should have an overall 'done' look to it.
- Take your greek yogurt cheesecake out of the oven and let it chill for about 3 hours in the fridge. After the hours have past you can release the springform.
- Serve with strawberries, raspberries or blueberries for garnish and enjoy!
2 cups = 472 ml
1½ cups = 355 ml
1/2 cup = 118 ml