Hey there greek yogurt lovers!
Today I’d like to share my extra fluffy whole wheat greek yogurt pancakes recipe. A very healthy, simple to make, extremely tasty breakfast that you just can’t miss out on!
This morning I got up out of bed a bit earlier than usual to surprise my husband. The kids were already in the living room, playing tennis on their Wii. When I told them we were going to make greek yogurt pancakes they got excited and ran to the kitchen to put on their aprons!
I like to spoil my husband and kids with a big plate of greek yogurt pancakes, they love it! The great thing is that it takes only 30 minutes in total to prepare and it’s so simple that the kids can help me in the kitchen as well. Making it the perfect recipe for Sunday morning breakfast, or when you need to prepare a quick and healthy breakfast before the start of your busy day.
Have you ever made pancakes with greek yogurt? I can highly recommend it. It gives them a nice twist. I like to call it my secret ingredient for fluffiness. They become so thick and fluffy its amazing, a match made in heaven! The greek yogurt will make it the healthiest pancakes you ever had and I can guarantee you they will still taste like pancakes.
You can combine the pancakes with almost unlimited variations of toppings. My favorite is strawberries with vanilla ice cream and of course warm maple syrup. The fruit and ice cream makes it fresh and light and the warm maple syrup completes the dish. The recipe is also easy to vary, you can for example use your favorite flavor of greek yogurt, like strawberry or peach. Or you can even use make your own GY and use that!
I would love to hear what your favorite topping is! Or maybe you have added something to the recipe to give it that special twist that you really like? Let me know by leaving a little message below!
Greek yogurt pancakes recipe
- 1½ Cups whole wheat flour
- 1½ Tsp baking powder
- ¼ Tsp baking soda
- ½ Tsp salt
- 1 Cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt (I used Fage 0% Plain)
- ¾ Cup milk
- 1 Egg
- ½ Tsp Vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- Grab two large bowls. Whisk all the wet ingredients together in the first bowl (1 egg, yogurt, vanilla and milk).
- Combine all the dry ingredients in the second bowl (salt, flour, baking soda and baking powder).
- Pour the mixture of the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix everything together once more. You'll want to have a nice thick mixture. But make sure your mixture is not past-like, that means you haven't added enough milk. You can fix this by adding a couple more tablespoons of milk.
- Let the batter rest for about 10 minutes until it's fluffy and light.
- Preheat a frying pan and add a little bit of butter. Drop tiny scoops of batter into the frying pan, about ¼ of a cup per pancake. As the batter is quite thick, you can mildly spread the pancake a little bit if necessary. Next, cook until golden-brown. You can flip when bubbles start to form in the middle and around the edges. Cook the other side golden-brown as well and you're all done.
- Enjoy your pancakes with toppings or au naturel!
1 cup = 236 ml
1/2 cup = 118 ml
1/4 cup = 59 ml
3/4 cup = 177 ml