Greek yogurt is a great substitute ingredient for mayonnaise. And in my chicken salad with greek yogurt recipe you won’t be missing the mayonnaise one bit! Actually, it transforms your traditional chicken salad from a high calorie meal to a low calorie protein bomb! Because this salad only takes about 10 minutes to make, it’s perfect to quickly prepare this in the morning and pack for lunch. I love how it has a perfect balance between being fresh and light, but also filling with a crunchy bite (rhyming not intended, haha!). I use my own homemade greek yogurt for this recipe, which you can do as well! I’ve said it before, but I just love how diversely greek yogurt can be used. Wether it’s breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert or a smoothie. Greek yogurt will always be at your side!
You don’t necessarily have to make wraps. Creating a healthy chicken sandwich by spreading this delicious salad on a toasted ciabatta is also definitely worth a try! Now what are you waiting for? This easy and healthy chicken salad with greek yogurt, grapes, apples and more will make your day, that’s a guarantee ;)
How to make chicken salad with greek yogurt
1. Combine the grapes, cranberries, chicken, apple, almonds, red onion, greek yogurt, lemon juice, garlic powder, salt and pepper in a bowl. See the recipe card below for the amounts of each ingredient.
2. Mix everything together!
That’s it! Quite easy huh? I’m very curious to find out what you think of my greek yogurt chicken salad. Leave me a comment below to share your experience if you feel like it!
- 4 tortilla wraps
- 1 pound smoked chicken breast, shredded
- ½ cup plain nonfat greek yogurt
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
- ½ cup diced apple
- ½ cup diced red onion
- ⅓ cup dried cranberries
- ⅔ cup grapes, halved
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Pinch of Salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Combine the grapes, cranberries, chicken, apple, almonds, red onion, greek yogurt, lemon juice, garlic powder, salt and pepper in a bowl
- Mix everything together
- Serve on a tortilla wrap and enjoy!
1/2 cup = 118 ml
1/3 cup = 79 ml
1/4 cup = 59 ml
2/3 cup =157 ml